OW2 Consortium
Search OW2 Mail Archive:

Mail Archive Home | sat4j-dev List | March 2008 Index

[[sat4j-dev]] [ sat4j-Bugs-308859 ] bundle jars contain different contents when build with PDE Build

Bugs item #308859, was opened at 2008-03-13 14:58
You can respond by visiting:
http://forge.objectweb.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=350289&aid=308859&group_id=228

Category: core
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I'm planning on making a sat4j package (RPM) for Fedora. I used PDE Build
(Eclipse's build technology) to build the core and pb bundles.  I ended up
with
differences from the bundle jars distributed as part of Eclipse (presumably
taken directly from your downloads).  Here are the differences:

core
====

your build:
- no about.html at root
- many package.html files at various levels of the hierarchy
- no org/sat4j/minisat/restarts/toto.jpage
- no plugin.properties at root

built by pde:
- about.html at root
- no package.html files
- org/sat4j/minisat/restarts/toto.jpage exists
- plugin.properties at root

pb
==

your build:
- no about.html at root
- org/sat4j/pb/constraints/pb/package.html exists
- package.html at root exists
- no plugin.properties at root

built by pde:
- about.html at root
- no package.html files
- plugin.properties at root

I mentioned this to Pascal and he said:

"The right combination is, 'the package.html' does not need to be in the
package, the toto.jpage file should not be included anywhere, the about.html
and plugin.properties should be included in both"

I would provide a patch to build.properties, but I think maybe the .jpage file
should just be removed from CVS or at least from the src.zip for core.  I'm
not
sure how the jars you provide are built.  Do you want me to investigate a
patch?  Thanks.