OW2 Consortium
Search OW2 Mail Archive:

Mail Archive Home | asm List | Febuary 2013 Index

[asm] Java 8 Support?

Hi folks,

I'm working on a project 2 steps downstream from this one that depends on Java
8. My build system (Gradle) uses ASM 4. However I get an
IllegalArgumentException when loading a class that was compiled with -source
1.8. The exception comes from a check in ClassReader.

What is your plan / schedule for doing a build for Java 8? Is there any new
bytecode in Java 8 that will require work, or is it just a matter of bumping
up
the supported source level in ClassReader?

Thanks
Richard